Prepping your lips for the Perfect Pout!
Lips should be prepped and taken care of regularly to achieve that perfect pout and a smooth lipstick finish. So a daily lip care routine is a must. The good news is that lip care can easily become a part of your current skin care routine by just adding another step to it!
Here are some quick and easy tips to keep your lips looking juicy:
1. MOISTURISE- Keeping your lips moisturised can be a key element in keeping them healthy and supple. Unlike most other areas of your skin, your lips do not contain oil glands and cannot generate their own hydration.
- Use lip balm on a daily basis to keep your lips moisturised. You can also use ALOE VERA Gel as a lip pack for half an hour a day for its soothing and anit-inflammatory properties. It'll surely leave your lips plump!
- Use VITAMIN E oil overnight: Vitamin E can be used to relieve chapped, dry lips, as it promotes cell turnover and regeneration, using it on dry lips brings new cells to the surface faster. The thick consistency of Vitamin E oil can also prevent further irritation.
3. SCRUB- If plump, soft and supple lips are something you want to achieve without any chemical treatments. This DIY is perfect for you. Follow this twice a week for amazing results.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 Vitamin E capsule (Optional)
-Mix Everything together.
DIRECTIONS: Gently scrub your lips with the paste, don't scrub hard as that may injure your lips. Wash off the excess scrub from the lips, and then heavily moisturize with your favourite lip balm or Aloe Vera. We recommend Aloe Vera for soothing the lips after you scrub them.
BROWN SUGAR: It's important for removing the top layer of dry, cracked lips to reveal the glowing underlayer of skin. The exfoliation of dry skin allows for hydrating products to be absorbed.
CINNAMON POWDER: Cinnamon contains cassia oil, which has many benefits. It is a calming agent and does not harm your skin when used in little quantities topically. However, it irritates your mucus membrane when applied to the lips. As a result, the blood circulation to your lips increases, giving you that coveted bee-stung pout.
COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil has moisturizing effects. This makes it ideal for soothing the effect of Cinnamon. Your lips are particularly sensitive to moisture loss because the skin is thin, and they're exposed to the elements more so than other parts of your face.
Special thanks to @absolutemakeupstory for writing this blog for us! Check our her amazing content here.